Designing a new UIO API

Cheetham, Anastasia acheetham at ocadu.ca
Tue May 14 10:33:54 EDT 2013

Antranig, thanks for your feedback. I see your point about not elevating the 'pre-packaged' options to special status, and I agree that grade names would be a good way to allow simple use of the defaults as well as be a best practice for using *any* panels, be they defaults or not.

I'll rework the wiki page a bit, but first: I'm not sure I understand what you mean when you refer to 3rd parties and 4th parties:

> integrators (3rd parties) as well as users of integrators (4th parties)

I envision a 3rd party to be something like the VideoPlayer WordPress plugin, which needs to create the media settings panels and add them to UIO, or someone creating a self-voicing plugin that adds settings panels to UIO (something like we did in the demo). Is this what you're thinking when you say 3rd party? And if so, what are you thinking when you say 4th party?

acheetham at ocadu.ca           Inclusive Design Institute
                                        OCAD University