Designing a new UIO API

Cheetham, Anastasia acheetham at ocadu.ca
Thu May 2 11:16:45 EDT 2013

At this week's UIO architecture meeting, Justin and I were tasked with proposing a new API for UIO: What should we ask integrators to do to incorporate UIO into their site?

As we work on this, we're identifying certain goals that are guiding our choices. I've started a wiki page enumerating these ideas:

    http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Designing+a+new+UIO+API

(We do have draft APIs for some of this, but they're not quite ready for sharing yet.)

I ask everyone to please have a look at the points on this page and weigh in now if you have any thoughts:
 - Do you disagree with anything?
 - Are we asking too much?
 - Are there other considerations we should include?

We'd rather get feedback while we're still formulating our ideas than after we think we've nailed things down.

acheetham at ocadu.ca           Inclusive Design Institute
                                        OCAD University