Keyboard shortcuts (second concept)
asadr at ocadu.ca
Thu Mar 7 20:18:44 UTC 2013
I have created a page for the second iteration on keyboard shortcuts:http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/%28KBS%29+Concept+2<http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/(KBS)+Concept+2>
After having some feedback and thinking, I have made some changes to the first concept. The focus was on making the user experience flow simpler and a better path between different components.
Here are some of the changes I have made for the second concept:
1) Top panel
* Presets are moved to “More options” on the edit panel
* Add/edit shortcuts button is moved under options
* Added description of KBS activation key
2) Options panel
* Option panel has two options: “available keyboard shortcuts” and “add/edit keyboard shortcuts”
3) Available shortcuts
* “This page” shortcuts: shortcuts that are specific for the current page.
* Recommended shortcuts: the most usable shortcuts for the current page.
* View all shortcuts: brings up all the available shortcuts.
4) Available shortcuts expanded
* Gives an overview of what shortcuts each category has.
* Indicates what order keys are modified for each shortcut.
* User could also access “edit keyboard shortcuts” by pressing the link on bottom of the panel.
5) Add/edit keyboard shortcuts
* Ability to customize different categories.
* The input box beside each option indicates what keys are used for each shortcut, and in what order.
* Empty boxes show witch available shortcuts are not assigned yet.
* Keyboard preview helps the user focus on the screen by letting the see their interactions highlighted on the keyboard.
* By hovering on top of shortcuts, an animation of the keys, and their order appears on keyboard preview.
* Keyboard preview also shows available, and unavailable options, and “multi-function keys”.
* “Save” and “More options” buttons are at the bottom right.
6) More options
* Keyboard shortcuts activation key: it would be easier for the user to access and modify this key by having it separated, under more options.
* Slow key settings (time between keys): gives user the ability to set how much time they need between pressing keys (keys like: C then S).
* Key sound: A click sound indicating when a key is pressed down, and when it is released.
* Presets: Gives user the ability to create different keyboard shortcut presets for different sates and contexts.
Please feel free to send your comments, and it will be great to have your feedback on this concept.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the fluid-work