Notes from Discovery Tool tasking meeting June 26, 2013

Justin Obara obara.justin at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 13:23:11 UTC 2013

We had been discussing if it would even be possible to implement the "increase cursor" size option. I've done a quick google search which has produced a couple of stackoverflow threads on the issue.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6648279/cursor-256x256-px-size
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/8455741/how-to-increase-size-of-custom-cursor-image (there is a link to a demo on this one).

In short we can't really do this with CSS alone. We will need to use a DOM element to follow the cursor. The cursor can be hidden so that it looks like the styled element below is actually the real cursor. However, this may interfere with DOM events that we were expecting to be triggered by the cursor (e.g. hover effects, and etc.).

Thanks
Justin