Floe Video Player Wordpress Plugin UI exploration
jhung at ocadu.ca
Thu Jan 24 14:28:44 UTC 2013
I am helping out with the design of the Floe Video Player Plugin for
Wordpress. The plugin allows a Wordpress user the ability to embed a Floe
player into their content, and specify transcripts and captions for that
video content. This design exploration centres around the web form that the
user will complete to add a Floe player to their blog post.
I have listed the major pieces of functionality on this wiki page:
Thinking through this, I have some questions:
1. Is any other metadata information required? i.e. author, description /
summary, primary language, etc?
2. Are any of the fields mandatory? I assume the Video URL and format are
the only required fields?
3. How common is the Amara use case for either Transcript or Captions?
4. Can JSONcc or VTT resources be loaded from an URL?
5. Can the type of caption / transcript be detected given an URL?
6. Can an Amara transcript or Amara caption be uploaded locally or must it
always be specified with an URL?
INCLUSIVE DESIGNER, IDRC****
*T:* 416 977 6000 x3951****
*F:* 416 977 9844****
*E:* jhung at ocadu.ca****
Inclusive Design Research Centre****
205 Richmond Street W, Toronto, ON, M5V 1V3****
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the fluid-work