FLOE Video Player testing results summary

Jonathan Hung jhung at ocadu.ca
Fri Jan 18 16:12:36 UTC 2013

Hi everyone.

I have been doing some rigorous manual testing of the Video Player and have
come across a few issues. Thankfully majority of the issues are not major
interaction concerns, but there are three in particular I would consider
Blockers:

NEW BLOCKERS:

FLUID-4889: Transcripts do not appear (Mac) or disappear (Windows) in
Fullscreen Firefox Video
Player<http://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-4889>
FLUID-4901: In IE8 mute and unmute using keyboard pushes focus onto
Transcripts button. <http://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-4901>
FLUID-4902: Can not tab focus scrub bar in
Safari<http://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-4902>

OTHER NEW ISSUES:

FLUID-4900: In IE8, video player container not receiving
focus<http://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-4900>
FLUID-4899: Volume tool tip moves when slider is in use
IE8<http://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-4899>
FLUID-4897: Pressing pause causes scrubber to jump backward in
time<http://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-4897>
FLUID-4896: Focus jumps to previously focused text if mouse click is on
white space in the transcript<http://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-4896>
FLUID-4895: In Firefox volume button has improper focus style when
mute/unmute is clicked <http://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-4895>
FLUID-4894: Transcript menu clipped at edge of screen using
keyboard<http://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-4894>
FLUID-4892: Language drop-down selector does not open using
keyboard<http://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-4892>
FLUID-4891: Transcript scrolls slowly when time is
scrubbed<http://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-4891>
FLUID-4888: Native controls appear behind custom controls when enabling
Captions (Chrome, Safari) <http://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-4888>

UNFILED ISSUE:
There is another issue where keyboard scrubbing in Firefox causes loss of
focus. However I have not been able to reproduce this consistently and
therefore has not been filed.

I have added the 3 proposed blockers to the development planning wiki page:
http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/FLOE+Video+Player+Development+Planning

Testing is not exhaustive so it shouldn't be assumed that there are not any
other bugs to be found.

Feel free to comment or give feedback.

- Jon.

--