[Architecture] Preferences Framework documentation

Antranig Basman antranig.basman at colorado.edu
Wed Aug 21 19:07:54 UTC 2013

Hi Gregg - I would prefer, and I believe I speak for Colin in this preference too (although he may
contradict me when returning from holiday) that we kept material relating to the Preferences Framework
(formerly named the UIOptions Framework) in Fluid's documentation space since this is relevant to more
projects and communities than those comprised in GPII and Cloud4all proper. For example we have tended to
manage PGA information in Fluid's wiki, and other such communities may arise.

Whilst specific configurations relating to the preferences framework, for example, the PCP/PMT, and some of
the discovery tool work falls on the GPII/Cloud4all side of the fence, the framework itself is operated by
code managed in Fluid's repositories - that is, in terms of github organisations, they fall under the
organisation named for the Fluid project rather than the GPII - and are managed according to Fluid's
community processes. In this way, the preferences framework is similar to the Infusion framework, or the
recently created Kettle, which was just migrated out of GPII's universal project as I described last week.
I feel therefore it would create less confusion if we kept such framework-level documentation in one place -
the Fluid documentation space.

Cheers,
Antranig