Architectural Issues around Text to Speech

Justin Obara obara.justin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 7 19:46:38 UTC 2013

You'd probably need to follow this thread back to the beginning to get all the details, but in short part of the design calls for highlighting a portion of text and having that be the starting point. Also, automatically highlighting text as it is read. I'm thinking we might be able to use contenteditable to have more fine control over the actual text on the page, as well as making everything keyboard usable. The trick will be to prevent a user form hitting ctrl-b and making the element bold or deleting content from the page and etc.

Thanks
Justin