Font Icon discussion continued

Cheetham, Anastasia acheetham at ocadu.ca
Mon Apr 29 10:07:47 EDT 2013

Ok, I had a brief conversation with Justin to clear up some confusion I had around this. I was, in fact, misunderstanding how this would work. The reality is:

The font file comes with a generated stylesheet that would need to be included in the header of the document. That generated stylesheet defines the class names for the individual font icons (e.g. "icon-music") and all the necessary CSS.

So as the person who simply wants to *use* the font icons in the interface, what I need to do is look inside the generated CSS file to find out what the class name is, and simply add that class name to the <div>. I don't actually have to write any CSS.

This sounds like a lovely plan! +1 :-)

acheetham at ocadu.ca           Inclusive Design Institute
                                        OCAD University