Preferences Architecture

Clark, Colin cclark at ocadu.ca
Fri Apr 12 01:57:15 EDT 2013

Hi everyone,

For the upcoming Preferences for Global Access report, I have been working on an overview of our how we're designing an architecture to support preferences discovery, editing, and management:

http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Preferences+for+Global+Access+Architecture

I've tried to give an overview of our technical approach, particularly highlighting the need for a general framework that enables us to build the diverse preferences editors that our designers have been working on across the Floe, Cloud4all, and PGA projects. I also discuss the linkage between PGA and the Infusion and GPII architectures as well as showing some diagrams and sample code to illustrate how the pieces are starting to fit together in practice.

I'd love to hear your feedback and suggestions on this document.

Jess, Vera, and Cynthia, once the community has had a chance to comment and edit, I think this should be ready to cherry pick from for the Google Doc you're working on.

Thanks,

Lead Software Architect,
Inclusive Design Research Centre, OCAD University
http://inclusivedesign.ca