UIO Design Questions

Vass, Joanna jvass at ocadu.ca
Fri Apr 5 15:24:48 EDT 2013

Hi Anastasia,

Wednesday I started this page on the wiki, listing some of the keyboard and mouse interactions:
http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/%28Floe%29+UI+Options+Keyboard+and+Mouse+Interaction

It's not fully complete and open to input.

Thanks,
Joanna

On 2013-04-05, at 2:50 PM, Johnny Taylor <johnny at abledaccess.com<mailto:johnny at abledaccess.com>> wrote:

Anastasia,

As for you're second question, as counter productive as this sounds and likely is, making said chevrons not focusable might be worth considering. Cos a keyboard user would land on each focusable element regardless of the chevrons being usable/ focusable or not. It actually might add potentially 2 redundant steps?

I know, that wasn't your question, but answering that question I guess is similar to making skip links visible on focus. I say, as a keyboard user, yes, make skip links visible on focus and bring off screen panels into view. Both are confusing otherwise. My two cents.

Johnny

johnny at abledaccess.com<mailto:johnny at abledaccess.com>
http://abledaccess.com
http://abledaccess.com/twitter