UIO Design Questions

Cheetham, Anastasia acheetham at ocadu.ca
Fri Apr 5 14:14:05 EDT 2013

At today's UIO planning meeting, a couple of questions arose about the interactions for the horizontal scrolling widget in the new UIO designs. We're hoping the designers and the rest of the community can help clarify these issues so that we can proceed to determine what needs to be done to implement them.

We're looking at the wireframes on the wiki at
http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/%28Floe%29+UI+Options+Design+High+Fidelity%2C+C.1
in particular at the yellow chevrons displayed at the far right and left of the horizontal list of panels.

• What happens when we click the arrow? Does one panel scroll into view, or do many (e.g. a 'full-screen-width' worth)? Or something else?

• What are the keyboard interactions for these arrows? How does a keyboard-only user bring off-screen panels into view?

acheetham at ocadu.ca           Inclusive Design Institute
                                        OCAD University