User interface options design pages on the wiki

James W. Yoon jyoon at ocadu.ca
Fri Aug 31 16:39:19 EDT 2012

Hi all,

This is an update to make folks aware of some important wiki pages that have been recently created or updated wrt user interface options:

UIO landing page: Index page for UI Options, including summary information, and organized access to the research, design, and testing details
http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/User+Interface+%28and+Learner%29+Options+research%2C+design%2C+and+testing

UIO specifications: Introduces the general idea behind the newest designs of User Interface Options, and details the presets and preferences (this page is still a major work in progress)
http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/User+Interface+Options+design+specifications%2C+C.1

UIO wireframes
http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/User+Interface+Options+design+wireframes%2C+C.1

UIO high fidelity mockups
http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/User+Interface+Options+design+high+fidelity%2C+C.1

Currently, wireframes for the new UIO configurations (updated fat panels, mobile response) are complete, and we have a working draft for most of the presets and preferences designs. We're in the process of tying up some loose ends (doing a once-over for the most important presets and preferences, filling in description gaps for designs, etc.) before leaving UIO in a good position for user testing.

Cheers,
James