continued chat about demands resolution

Justin Obara obara.justin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 20:17:51 UTC 2012

Hi Antranig,

Sorry I didn't get a chance to finish up the conversation we started in the Channel yesterday about a problem I was having with getting my demands block to resolve.
http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/fluid-work+IRC+Logs-2012-08-08

I've updated the code in my bitbucket repo, so you should be able to see the problem now.
https://bitbucket.org/jobara/decapod-0.6-ui-iteration5

Specifically it's the demands block on line 67 - 85 of pdfExporterDemands.js that isn't running.
https://bitbucket.org/jobara/decapod-0.6-ui-iteration5/src/2cae87392f07/components/exporter/js/pdfExporterDemands.js

As shown by these unit tests.
https://bitbucket.org/jobara/decapod-0.6-ui-iteration5/src/2cae87392f07/tests/exporter/js/pdfExporterTests.js

Here's a tree representation of how I expect the components to be resolved. The () indicate the event they are created on or that they are created by the renderer. The {} indicate any specified priority.

decapod.pdfExporter
decapod.pdfExporter.eventBinder (afterFetchResources)
decapod.dataSource
decapod.exportPoller
decapod.exportPoller.eventBinder {last}
decapod.dataSource {first}
decapod.exportInfo (afterFetchResources)
decapod.pdfExportOptions (afterFetchResources)
decapod.select (afterFetchResources)
decapod.outputSettings (afterFetchResources)
decapod.exportControls (onExportOptionsReady)
decapod.exportControls.trigger (renderer)
decapod.exportControls.progress (renderer)
decapod.exportControls.complete (renderer)

I also copied the IoC log from the unit test running. I've attached it to the e-mail as log.text.
In both the expected tree above, and in the log, it appears that the context have all initialized.
Any suggestions on what could be going wrong would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help
Justin