Access For All metadata in OER Commons

Cheetham, Anastasia acheetham at ocadu.ca
Tue Apr 3 13:34:13 UTC 2012

In considering how we're going to add Access For All metadata to OERs authored using the OER Commons authoring tool, I've taken a look at microformats and schema.org microdata. I've drafted wiki pages describing how these two options might be used:

schema.org microdata:
	http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Proposal+-+Access+For+All+Properties+for+schema.org+Classes

microformats:
	http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Proposal+-+Access+For+All+microformat

The microformat option looks tidier and simpler on the surface (it's strictly classnames added to HTML elements, whereas the schema.org approach requires additional markup), but on closer examination I think the schema.org approach provides a better solution (notes on the wiki pages should help elaborate on why). I look forward to hearing other thoughts.

These are just drafts, and I would really love it if we could pick this apart and revise and refine.

acheetham at ocadu.ca           Inclusive Design Institute
                                        OCAD University