Interest in HTML5 Image Editor project

Justin Obara obara.justin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 1 15:34:00 UTC 2012

Hello Sameer,

Thanks for your interest in the HTML5 Image Editor. I've cc'd Jon on this e-mail. He's a designer here who will be helping to mentor this project. I'm sure both of us would like to hear more about your ideas. Some additional features/areas we'd like to have incorporated would be undo/redo, automatic deskewing of the image, and, at the least, making the interface keyboard accessible. In terms of external libraries, while it should generally be okay to make use of them, we'd have to determine it on a case-by-case basis. Additionally, we would expect you to make use of Fluid Infusion to implement the code.

I wasn't quite clear as to what you have done at bits-apogee. Could you please clearly describe how you were involved there? Also, examples demonstrating your work would be useful.

Here are some useful links.

IRC Channel info:
http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/IRC+Channel

Infusion Documentation:
http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/docs/Infusion+Documentation

Organization GSoC page (application template at the bottom):
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/google/gsoc2012/idi_idrc

GSoC Student guide:
http://en.flossmanuals.net/GSoCStudentGuide/

Thanks