Thoughts on improving FSS

Justin Obara obara.justin at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 18:41:44 UTC 2011

Hi Johnny,

I see what you're saying. I think in general an underline is fine practice, but there are cases where it may cause issues. However, those may be more related to poor design choices. That being said, I think it's good to critically analyze conventions and tease out the distinction of whether they are the best option or just the common one.

In regards to implementation, a bottom border could work, but I believe borders have an affect on layout. In that case, they may be less desirable. I'm not sure how much control you have over outlines, but that might be another alternative. Although they don't work in earlier versions of IE.

If you have anything mocked up, it would be cool to see a comparison.

Thanks
Justin