FLUID-4525: Update of simplifying fat panel

Li, Cindy cli at ocad.ca
Wed Oct 26 21:17:17 UTC 2011

Hi Antranig,

The issue with the UIO tab rendering inside the iFrame has been fixed. But the new problem I'm having now seems indicating we probably reach the point that some framework support is needed.

The source problem is that with the fat panel, open up the iFrame, change the setting of "text style" or any other setting except the sliders (which is not slidable. That's another issue I'm working on). The error "node is null" is thrown @ https://github.com/cindyli/infusion/blob/FLUID-4525/src/webapp/framework/core/js/DataBinding.js#L64

Tracing down the debugging stack pinpoints to the function fluid.byId() @ https://github.com/cindyli/infusion/blob/FLUID-4525/src/webapp/framework/renderer/js/fluidRenderer.js#L599, where fluid.byId(finalID) returns null due to the fact that it looks for "theme" ID on the main page rather than in the iFrame.

By reading fluid.byId() function @ https://github.com/cindyli/infusion/blob/FLUID-4525/src/webapp/framework/core/js/Fluid.js#L1689-1703, it does allow the looking up of the given id in a different DOM object by providing it via the second argument of the function. This argument is simply not being used by fluidRenderer.js

I believe you would have some insights of a good solution to this problem.

The github branch with the working-on code: https://github.com/cindyli/infusion/tree/FLUID-4525

In the meantime I will be working on the slider issue which is fairly interesting that the slider handle is  not slidable in the iFrame but if I click on the handle and move the mouse cursor out of the iFrame into the main page, the handle is back to slidable. This prompts me like a kind of js detector is sort of in action at sliding which is missing from the iFrame. This detector thing however is pretty bizarre.

I haven't changed the name of "renderUIOptions", which I'm leaving later when the experiment that you suggested to combine both iframe and UIO rendering comes. Let me know if you already have a proper name in mind.

More fyi with IE, the implementation so far is liked by IE8 & 9, but not 6 & 7 which throws the error and refuses the rendering.

Thanks

Cindy