Getting back to Fluid

charly molter charly.molter at gmail.com
Wed Oct 26 20:04:26 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,
Now that university is little less busy and that you released 1.4 I finally
can thank all of you for the really pleasant time I had during my summer
working with you. Especially Colin and Heidi who showed me the ropes of
Fluid Infusion and looked after my code, gave critics, advice and raised new
bugs without ever complaining ;) .
It was so nice to work with you that I would like to continue to be part of
the community. (as long as you want me :) ).
However this year is quite busy for me and I won't be able to give as much
time as I used to for the project. So I thought I could either keep on
working on the video player but I don't think I'll be able to make it
progress quickly enough (except if some people join me).
Otherwise I could try to work in minor parts of the development and fix
bugs. I don't know what you think is best for the community...
Concerning the videoplayer:
- I've made a pull request from my github repo with the code I worked on.
- I've also cleaned the issues that were related to the video player in
Jira.
- They are a few bugs that were raised by Heidi and I didn't have to fix
yet. I'll try to add them to Jira and fix them if possible.
- I don't know what you planed on doing with the player but if you plan to
put it a little more forward I've written quite a bit of docs at the end of
the project I can hand it to you if you want.

I'm opened to any comments or suggestion on what I could do for the
community! I'll try to pop as soon as possible on the IRC.

Thanks again for the lovely summer I spent working with you
Best regards.

PS: I tried to send that a week ago and didn't managed to seems like the
mailing list was down...

--
Charly Molter