Infusion 1.4 Released

Colin Clark colinbdclark at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 22:12:30 UTC 2011

Hey! Everyone!  Congratulations!

This release wasn't easy for us. We had lots of little details to work out, bugs to fix, and new kinds of configurability to support. We solved major backwards incompatibility issues caused by changes in jQuery, while at the same time preserving API compatibility across our core production code. We built a beautiful new UI Options component using novel development idioms and framework features, many of which were literally conceived of and implemented as we went. We mentored students and newcomers to the community, welcoming them as active contributors to Infusion. And we documented all this new code in detail, as a community, so that we can continue to attract and teach new Infusion users and developers.

It's wasn't easy work, and throughout the process we kept up our commitment to accessibility, usability, and high-quality code. Infusion 1.4 is a release we should all feel proud of.

Thanks to all of you for your hard work, ideas, designs, code, and testing efforts.

Colin