Release is out; Next steps

Cheetham, Anastasia acheetham at ocad.ca
Fri Oct 14 18:54:28 UTC 2011

The 1.4 release is finally out! Many thanks to everyone who helped with the release process.

There is now an outstanding pull request to update the version numbers in the code to 1.5; hopefully that will be pushed soon. Other than that, the project repo is now open for commits.

One of the final release clean-up tasks is JIRA gardening: We need to review all the unresolved JIRAs:

- verify whether or not they're still issues
  - if not, resolve/close them
  - if so, update the "affects" version to include 1.4
- find any duplicate issues and clean them up (link them and close all but one)
- close any resolved issues if appropriate

We currently have 825 unresolved issues: That's too many for one person to review, so we'll all need to contribute. One way to start might be to unresolved find unresolved issues that you filed yourself: You'll be familiar with the issue and in a good position to double-check whether or not the bug is still present (or the task still needs to be done).

acheetham at ocad.ca            Inclusive Design Institute
                                        OCAD University