Release status: Almost there

Cheetham, Anastasia acheetham at ocad.ca
Thu Oct 13 20:51:01 UTC 2011

The 1.4 release is *almost* ready:

- The tag has been cut;
- The bundles have been created, tested and posted;
- The Current Release wiki page has been updated;
- The fluidproject.org downloads page has been restructured to focus on the Builder;
- The email announcement has been drafted.

We had updated the Builder and were almost ready to announce when we realized that the bundles didn't contain the Release Notes. We decided to re-create the tag and the bundles. This has been done and the bundled have been re-tested. The only thing left to do is reset the Builder again, so:

The remaining tasks for Friday morning are:

- Reset the Builder:
  - Update it to use the fixed tag,
  - Clear its cache and reset its database (clearing the cache requires the help of someone with root access on forge), and
  - Prime the cache;
- Make the final update to the fluidproject.org website (this is almost ready);
- Send out the announcement.

Many thanks to everyone who pitched in today with the process - it all went very smoothly. We should be able to finish up pretty quickly tomorrow morning.

acheetham at ocad.ca            Inclusive Design Institute
                                        OCAD University