UIO 1.4 Blocker

Johnny Taylor johnny at abledaccess.com
Wed Oct 5 17:56:48 UTC 2011

A follow up to uiOptions' iPad issues.

Putting '<meta name="viewport" content="initial-scale=1.0, width=device-width" />' in the head of my page, in conjunction to setting the page container with a max-with -- as opposed to an explict width -- seems to have corrected the manner in which Safari on the iPad both renders the page with uiOptions and handles uiOptions font size commands. The odd text shrinking behaviour has disappeared.

The slider issue, and not being able to use them, still persists. And in conversation with Colin again I think we understand why. How is Safari supposed to know your trying to interact with an element, being a slider, or moving the whole page left or right. As Justin said hopefully these issues have been addressed in iOS 5. We'll find out next week, I guess.

That said the line spacing issue still persists. It still does nothing...

Johnny