Testing is open on UIO

Colin Clark colinbdclark at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 16:35:41 UTC 2011

Hey Johnny,

If you take a look at your page with Firebug, you'll see that there are errors in the console. It's getting 404 errors while loading URLs to individual Infusion files. Since you're using a build of Infusion, all links to Infusion should point to MyInfusion.js, not the individual JavaScript files. The question then is "where are they coming from?"

The Fat Panel version of UI Options uses an iFrame to ensure that changes on the page don't affect UIO itself until the user has finished making all their changes. This file incorrectly links to each Infusion JavaScript file separately. This is a bug of sorts, which I encountered when I last integrated UIO into FSSFive. Here's a link the email I sent to the list at the time describing the issue:

http://old.nabble.com/My-experience-implementing-the-pre-release-UI-Options-td32222577.html

I filed a bug about it:

Here's how I edited the Fat Panel UI Options' iFrame page to make it work:

https://github.com/colinbdclark/FSSFive/blob/master/infusion/components/uiOptions/html/FatPanelUIOptionsFrame.html

We should ensure that our tutorial specifically points out the need to do this. In a future release, we'll automatically rewrite URLs during the build process to ensure they are correct.

Hope this helps,

Colin