JQuery 1.6.1 branch merged

Justin Obara obara.justin at gmail.com
Tue May 17 13:08:57 UTC 2011

This morning I performed some minor surgery on the master branch of our project repo. This was done to unflip the network graph and restore the correct lineage of our commits.

There are two important things I'd like to mention regarding this. First and for most, what does this mean to you, and secondly what did I do to accomplish the unflipping.

VERY IMPORTANT !!!!!!

What does this mean to you?

Since I had to fix up the master branch, this means you will all have to kill your current master branch and recheck it out from the current upstream. Failure to do so will likely revert the branch back to it's erroneous state, or further confuse it, on pushing to the project repo.

Let me know if you need any help with this. This MUST be done ASAP!!

Steps to correct.

git fetch upstream
fetch the latest code from the upstream repo
git checkout upstream/master
checkout the local copy of the remote master
git branch -D master
delete your existing master branch
git checkout -b master
create a new master branch from the upstream/master
in your github infusion fork, click the admin button and change the default repo to any branch other than master
git push origin :master
delete your old master branch from your github repo
git push origin master:master
push your new master branch to your github repo
in your github infusion fork, click the admin button and change the default repo back to the master branch
You should probably fix up any other branch that you merged master into or branched from master since FLUID-4113 was merged on Friday evening.
you're all finished

What I did to change master.
---------------------------------------

Basically I started over from before the merge and re-merged in all the commits since then.

Here are the steps.

checked out master
created a FLUID-4113 branch
reset to 8c90d8cf5217e7c2370d72c1f8aac0a4fa420059
created a FLUID-4236 branch
reset to 6bac52cc376f8efff8b2cd6d806593b8fb7ff03b
created a FLUID-4197 branch
reset to dc89dd6fd361a20de39bf6bb39a5017f9f3e12bd
created a FLUID-4160 branch
reset to 5efe283952bb01c2fe0463eb7ec56fcd4f73d239
reset master to 275f559d96217e04bdc554dd6b0b0ed222fac016
merge FLUID-4113 into master
merge FLUID-4236 into master
merge colinbdclark/FLUID-3886 into master
merge FLUID-4197 into master
merge FLUID-4160 into master
deleted the old master branch from the project repo
pushed the new master branch to the project repo

Thanks
Justin