JQuery 1.6.1 branch merged

Antranig Basman antranig.basman at colorado.edu
Fri May 13 23:43:53 UTC 2011

Thanks to all for the work on this branch. I have tidied up a few things before putting it in - I asked mlam
to explain the swapping of $.attr for $.prop for "disabled" attributes and he pointed me to this blog posting:
http://blog.jquery.com/2011/05/12/jquery-1-6-1-released/

The recommendation here is that the style $.prop("disabled", true/false) be used here, rather than either
the use of attr() as was historical (and apparently broken in 1.6.0) or the branch style of
$.prop("disabled", "disabled"). Since jQuery continue to show themselves not a safe pair of hands as regards
backwards compatibility, we may want to think about dusting off our not very well-maintained or publicised
"fluid.enabled" function for use in future releases, as we did for "fluid.value" to paper over another
jQuery API inconsistency.

In news which I know will upset a FISH, I seem to have sadly managed to "flip the line" again with this
merge, despite doing exactly the steps which we had always recommended... perhaps this means that
consistency of the line simply can't be maintained and that our previous successes were accidental... or the
fact that this merge was so long-term that it appeared "older" to the merge machinery - who knows. The
command I issued was, from a state of master,

git merge --log harriswong/FLUID-4113

which I think is what we had always recommended in the past?

I have tested the state of trunk with FF 3.6 on Windows 7 and so it is competent to that extent. We look
forward to the TESTING FRENZY on Monday morning.

Cheers,
Antranig.