Let's talk about FSS: Round 2

Justin Obara obara.justin at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 19:28:54 UTC 2011

Thanks to everyone who attended the FSS meeting today. It was really helpful. I think we were able to have a good discussion which will help us push forward on completing the FSS work for Infusion 1.4. Here's a quick recap of what happened.

Updates
	- (see: http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/FSS+1.4+-+1.5+Roadmap)

Discussions
	-Focus: FLUID-3880
		-change focus from being global to being something that a user can set where needed.
			-e.g. ".fl-focus :focus {}"
	-Linearization: FLUID-4150
		-widths should have scant defaults. Provide options to layer the extra widths on top.
		-alignment should default to a single alignment (left), and provide options to override
		-Gary, James, and Erin will look into designing/locating a good test example and user testing linearization options on it.

Decisions
	-Clearfix: FLUID-4023
		- Gary to recruit from the uPortal community to test out the new clearfix method, fl-clearfix, in FSS (currently in a branch on my github account https://github.com/jobara/infusion/tree/FLUID-4023)
	-Reset
		- Proposals detailed in a forthcoming e-mail.

Other
	-fss community contributions
		-will look to build up an official showcase of 3rd part contributions to FSS. These are contributions which aren't part of core FSS but build upon/extend FSS.

Thanks
Justin