jQuery 1.5.1 testing

Colin Clark colinbdclark at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 21:51:27 UTC 2011

Hi John,

Thanks for the detective work. There's a function in DataBinding.js, fluid.value(), which advertises itself as a "generalization" of jQuery.val(). Does it pass your tests? And if so, do you think fluid.value() is a suitable replacement for jQuery.val() in the places where we're currently seeing regressions?

If so, maybe can promote it to the core Fluid.js file and just never use jQuery.val() again.

Too bad jQuery broke the contract on val() and filed it "won't fix." :(

Colin