JSLinting

Antranig Basman antranig.basman at colorado.edu
Wed Mar 16 03:22:43 UTC 2011

I've updated the "fluid" branch of JSLint and also my preview server with the changes we decided on last
week - // jslint:ok to become an option, by default off, "whitespace lenience" removed from "The Fluidic
Parts" as well as assume console, jslint:ok. I presume we want "allow function invocation expression" to
remain though, since all of our files use this style for namespacing. Justin informed me that following
Crockford's recommendation on this breaks the outline view in Eclipse. Presumably this is still true. I've
linted Fluid.js with these options just now, see if you think they are what we want. If we are happy that
"The Fluidic Parts" now agree with our framework-wide recommendations we can probably now remove the JSLint
options comments from the codebase. I would however take it as a courtesy if someone, when relinting the
more involved framework files (renderer, IoC) they added in the 3 extra options, since I spend a good deal
of time looking at these rather rambling files and would prefer they remained readable  :P

Antranig