fss-reset

Justin Obara obara.justin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 14 19:34:38 UTC 2011

During our FSS chat there was some talk about the fss-reset file. Some felt that it was too heavy handed at times, others didn't mind.

Here's a site that has info about several of the popular reset files, http://www.cssreset.com/ .

The FSS-reset is based on the YUI v2.5.2 reset, base, and font files. YUI has since release YUI v3.3. In addition to the few changes they have made to these files, they have also provided contextual versions. What this means is that rather than having the styles apply globally, you can chose a version of the file that scopes changes to a class name.

http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/3/cssreset/

I think we should consider upgrading to the latests version of the YUI reset, base, and font files, as well as providing an fss-reset-context file that is based on the respective contextual versions.

I've created a branch in my infusion fork on github which includes the updated reset file (fss-reset-new.css), the contextual reset file (fss-reset-context.css), and a test page (withNewReset.html).

https://github.com/jobara/infusion/tree/fss-reset-upgrade

Please let me know what you think.

Thanks
Justin