Git merge commit log

Justin Obara obara.justin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 17:21:22 UTC 2011

Thanks Michelle,

I think this is really good too. I had tried to see if we could also  get the commit hashes to show up, but I couldn't find a way. One thing to note, unless you are using the latest version of git, 1.7.4 I think, then it will only show you a maximum of 20 commits. That should be good enough for most of the time, but if there are more, in the latest version you can call it like "git merge --log=47" where 47 is the number of commits to show.

Thanks
Justin