JSLinting

Colin Clark colinbdclark at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 15:29:02 UTC 2011

Hi Jamon,

On 2011-03-11, at 9:20 AM, Jamon Camisso wrote:

> Is there consensus as to which jslint should be used?
>
> Crockford's is here: http://swarm.fluidproject.org/jslint
> Antranig's fork is here: http://swarm.fluidproject.org/JSLint
>
> Once a decision is made, one or the other can be shutdown or moved
> respectively.

They actually both appear to be Antranig's fork of JSLint. In the first link (lowercase jslint), you can see the new option called "Disallow var in for header," which was the motivation for us forking off Crockford's version in the first place.

The second version has more recent changes from Antranig, such as "The Fluidic Parts." So it seems like we've just got two different versions of Antranig's fork deployed?

Some of Antranig's more recent changes are great, others are still being debated. I don't think we need to rush to deploy the latest and greatest until we've chatted more about it.

This speaks to the larger question of "what version do we have deployed?" Since our JSLint fork is now important infrastructure, I think we're getting close to the point of formalizing its development process just slightly. I imagine we'll end up setting up a project repository and periodically tagging milestones for it. Jamon, that should simplify your deployment process, in that you'll only need to worry about deploying tagged versions from the project repository.