Git merge commit log

Michelle D'Souza michelled33 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 10 19:24:34 UTC 2011

Hi,

I merged and pushed the FLUID-4044 branch today and I was wondering whether people liked the results of using the --log flag. You'll notice if you take a look at the commit log that it has the one line commit messages for every commit that was merged. This might help to communicate quickly what was merged in at a particular merge point. Here's what it looks like:

commit 6260c214c4a77f01c6ee52dfe827a63b9c9d5e74
Merge: 8c4ab1a 89019d7
Author: Michelle D'Souza <michelled33 at gmail.com>
Date:   Thu Mar 10 14:03:03 2011 -0500

    Merge remote branch 'gchowdhury/FLUID-4044'

    * gchowdhury/FLUID-4044:
      FLUID-4044: refactored some more of the codes for inline-edit unit tests.
      FLUID-4044: cleaned the inline-edit unit test codes with jslint and refactored some more of the codes.
      FLUID-4044: cleaned the inline-edit unit test code with jslint and refactored some of the code.
      FLUID-4044: cleaned the inline-edit unit test code as per code reviewer recomendation.
      FLUID-4044: cleaned the inline-edit unit test code as per Jslint recomendation.
      FLUID-4044: Conversion of the manual test cases to automated test cases.

Without the --log flag we would only have got the first line of the message not the details below. Which do you like better?

Michelle