Draft Fluid project descriptions for Google Summer of Code

Colin Clark colinbdclark at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 03:55:40 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

We're planning to submit a handful of student projects for the Google Summer of Code program this year. A few weeks ago, several of us brainstormed project ideas at the development meeting. The most exciting project ideas included:

* VideoPlayer: add support for synchronizing captions, transcripts and audio descriptions
* Image Editor: create an accessible component for resizing, cropping, and tagging images using HTML5 Canvas
* Personalizable themes for WordPress, Drupal, or MediaWiki using FSS and UI Options
* Accessible data visualizations using Infusion

I've written up descriptions for a few of these ideas on the wiki:

http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Google+Summer+of+Code+with+the+Fluid+Project

These project descriptions are still a bit drafty. I'd love to hear the community's feedback before I polish them off tomorrow and work with Greg Gay to submit them to Google.

Let me know what you think,