Infusion build roadmap

Colin Clark colinbdclark at gmail.com
Tue Mar 1 20:29:54 UTC 2011

Hi everyone,

Michelle, Justin and I did some brainstorming about the future of builds and downloads for Infusion this morning. I have created a draft Roadmap page in the wiki with our notes:

http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Infusion+Build+Scripts+Roadmap

In summary, our goals are the following:

 * Use the Builder as the primary place to download Infusion
 * Discontinue shipping standalone release bundles (likely as of 1.5)
 * Unify the structure and layout of our source code tree and the products of our build system

The main proposals for changes to our build process in 1.5 are as follows:

 1. Ship production builds with only the absolute essentials for deploying on a Web server
 2. Ship demos with development bundles for ease of learning and experimentation
 3. Deprecate support for Maven builds and creation of a WAR file