Component idea: The string collapser (does this exist?)
jhung at ocad.ca
Thu Jun 2 20:27:01 UTC 2011
In designing the new Image Uploader demo, I realized that adding a filename
as a caption to the uploaded images would not be possible because the string
may be too long. This issue is similar to FLUID 962 (
http://issues.fluidproject.org/browse/FLUID-962) where long filenames in the
file queue create unwanted disappearance of text.
It would be nice to have a component that handles the expanding and
collapsing of text.
- Specify the splitting of long strings of text after X chracters.
- Specify the appearance of an ellipsis at the middle or end of the string.
- Expand or contract the string to fit within a container.
- Resize the string as the container is resized
- Hovering / focusing truncated text could reveal complete text (maybe as an
Does a similar component already exist? If not, perhaps this can be a
component worth considering for development.
Jonathan Hung / jhung at ocad.ca <jhung.utoronto at gmail.com>
IDRC - Interaction Designer / Researcher
Tel: (416) 977-6000 x3959
Fax: (416) 977-9844
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the fluid-work