Upcoming SVN freeze, Git migration

Jamon Camisso jamonation at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 21:41:59 UTC 2011

Hi All,

Things are 99% of the way done with the move to Git. Justin and I will
be freezing SVN tomorrow (Tuesday) and doing a final conversion of SVN
into Git.

Once that freeze and import is done, he and I will need to do the
following before the repositories are live:

Remove temp/outdated tags
Nuke videos from videoplayer
Push to main repositories
Download & fix line endings, push upstream
Check commits emails

Longer term, the move to Git will have an impact on various pieces of
infrastructure. The following will be addressed after cutover:

Daily builds
Jira plugin
Create IDRC hosted mirror
Testswarm integration

Take a look at Justin's github account between now and tomorrow to get
an idea of what's coming down the pipe: https://github.com/jobara

Now would be a good time to clone a repository or two and test out your
git foo. See http://git-scm.com/documentation for some excellent
documentation.

Finally, feel free to ping Justin or myself in the channel if you have
any questions about things like clients, branches, tags and the like.

Cheers, Jamon