SVN-Git migration plan

Colin Clark colinbdclark at gmail.com
Tue Jan 25 20:37:39 UTC 2011

Hi Justin,

Here are my notes from our marathon SVN-Git migration planning meeting this afternoon. I've also copied fluid-work so that  everyone else can see our draft plan for what to do with each of the directories that currently live in SVN.

Colin

Fluid Project Organization Github Layout
--------------------------------

Master Repositories

1. Infusion
2. Engage
3. Kettle
4. Image Gallery 2
5. OSDPL
6. Workshops
7. Websites
9. Build scripts
10. Builder

Prominent Branches and Forks

A. Documentation and demos (in #1)
B. mFSS Firefox theme (forked from #1)
C. VideoPlayer (forked from #1 or standalone)

Copy History for Infusion, Kettle, and Engage Core

1. Infusion Repository History
  a. utoronto/fluid/components > utoronto/fluid/trunk
  b. utoronto/fluid/components/trunk > fluid/components/trunk
  c. fluid/components/trunk > fluid/infusion/trunk

2. Engage Core Repository History
  a. incubator/engage-client/trunk > fluid/fluid-engage-core/trunk
  b. fluid/fluid-engage-core > fluid/engage/fluid-engage-core

3. Kettle Repository History
  a. incubator/engage-sketches > fluid/fluid-engage-kettle/trunk
  b. fluid/fluid-engage-kettle > fluid/engage/fluid-engage-kettle

Directory-by-directory plan for migrating SVN

VULAB
  all 				-> Delete

FLUID

decapod/   		-> Delete
engage/    		-> Migrate to git
final-report-2009/ 	-> Leave as-is
fluid-all/ 		-> Delete, unnecessary in the Git world
gallery-portlet/ 	-> Delete, ancient
image-gallery/ 		-> Migrate to git
infrastructure/
infusion/		-> Migrate to git
pattern-cms/		-> Migrate to git

INFRASTRUCTURE

build-scripts/		-> Migrate to git or replace
fluid-release-all/	-> Delete, unnecessary in the Git world
gallery-build/		-> Delete, ancient
gallery2-build/		-> ?? (need Git externals or a shell script)
infusionBuilder/	-> Migrate to git
infusionBuilder-server-deploy/	-> Consolidate with Builder
portlet-build/		-> Delete, ancient

SCRATCHPAD

FSOSS-2009/		-> Migrate to workshop repo
FliquorPortlet/		-> Migrate to workshop repo
Mobile-FSS/		-> Delete
Preferences/		-> Delete
acceptance-tests/	-> Migrate to Justin's own repo
ajaxResources/		-> Delete
autocomplete-ioc-demo/	-> Migrate to documentation branch
bug-parade/		-> Delete
collectionspace-ui-schema/	-> Delete
couch-views/		-> Consolidate with Engage
debug/			-> Delete
domMutationEvent/	-> Offer to Joseph or delete it
extremal-pager/		-> Offer to Antranig or delete
fluidproject-website/	-> Delete
frameworkExamples/	-> Delete
infusion-workshop/	-> Migrate to workshop repo
inline-edit/		-> Delete
jack-test/		-> Delete
javascript-workshop/	-> Migrate to workshop repo
jquery-conf-examples/	-> Migrate to workshop repo
jquery-ui-dialog-and-slider/	-> Delete
jquery-workshop/	-> Migrate to workshop repo
js-perftests/		-> Offer to Antranig (or Colin)
lightbox_ports/		-> Delete
markupExamples/		-> Delete
menu/			-> Delete
mobile-design-testing-platform/	-> Ask James (migrate to design?)
mobile-workshop/	-> Migrate to workshop repo
multiple-infusion-tests/	-> Delete
multiple-renderers/	-> Ask Anastasia or delete
myCollection-tryout/	-> Include as part of Engage migration
objectCodeEntry/	-> Include as part of Engage migration
pager-rendered/		-> Delete
progress-indicator/	-> Migrate to Website repo
rendered-lightbox/	-> Delete
services-sketches/	-> Merge into Engage repo
springboards/		-> Delete
tabindex/		-> Offer to Joseph or delete it
tutorials/		-> Move grid-reorderer and renderer to docs branch
uploader/		-> Offer to Cindy or Colin
uploader2/		-> Delete

INCUBATOR

aegis-demo-nov-2010/	-> Delete
batched-pager/		-> ** BOZ **
engage/			-> Give paging directory to Justin
engage-website/		-> Migrate to Websites repo
infusionBuilder/	-> Delete
mfss_firefox/		-> Fork Infusion, apply changes there
phoneGap/		-> ** BOZ **
primer/			-> Delete
progress/		-> Delete
rhino/			-> Offer to Antranig
uiOptions/		-> Fork Infusion, apply changes there
uploader/		-> Delete
videoPlayer/		-> Migrate to VideoPlayer repo