Infusion Demo Portal - your favourite demo sites?

Cheetham, Anastasia acheetham at ocad.ca
Mon Jan 24 18:04:20 UTC 2011

On 2011-01-24, at 10:08 AM, Jonathan Hung wrote:

> I'd like to hear about your favourite sites with a good demos page.

I don't know about "favourite," but lately I've been inspired by jQuery UI's widget demos, for example:

  http://jqueryui.com/demos/accordion/
  http://jqueryui.com/demos/button/

What inspires me most about these demos is the list of examples on the right side of the page: Each one is a working example focusing on a *single* aspect of the widget. I think we need this kind of granularity for our components – users complain that they don't really understand what all the options are or what happens when you change them. I think examples showing the effects of different values for the options would go a long way toward helping.

Also nice: The code for each example is available in a collapsible space, hidden by default.

acheetham at ocad.ca            Inclusive Design Institute
                                        OCAD University