New documentation: Goals and Audiences

Cheetham, Anastasia acheetham at ocad.ca
Mon Jan 24 16:48:15 UTC 2011

Hello, everyone,

As part of the process of re-inventing our Infusion Documentation, I've surveyed several community members about their thoughts on what should be the goals and audiences for our documentation. The conclusions are described below (and documented on the wiki at  http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Documentation+Redesign+Notes ).

I would appreciate it if people could have a look and let me know if you think I've captured things appropriately. This information will shape the documentation, so we want to get it right:

Infusion Documentation
======================

Goals
-----
1) Introduce visitors to Infusion: What it is, what it offers.
2) Teach the concepts and practices we use in Infusion.
3) Guide all audiences in using the Infusion Framework and Components.

Audiences
---------
Web developers with varying backgrounds:
1) HTML and CSS, no JS
2) Some JS experience, with knowledge of jQuery or something similar
3) Experienced JS developers (including in-house developers)

Audiences will also have different knowledge of Infusion:
A) Brand-new to Infusion
B) Experienced with using Infusion

acheetham at ocad.ca            Inclusive Design Institute
                                        OCAD University