What are your top 5 issues?

Colin Clark colinbdclark at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 17:23:26 UTC 2011

On 2011-01-20, at 12:20 PM, Cheetham, Anastasia wrote:

>>> FLUID-2329: Modify Pager so that the self-rendered version is the default
>>> FLUID-808: Create convenience methods for creation of Pager (this issue might need to be reconcieved)
>>
>> Can you elaborate on how you think this one should be reconceived?
>
> Well, if the Pager is modified so that the self-rendered version is the default, then that alone should dramatically improve the ease of use. Also, there's the plan to IoC-ify the Pager, which would also affect the basic API. I just wonder if the need for convenience methods might want to be re-visited after some of this work, just to double-check just what the right path should be.

It's going to be awhile still before we get to replacing the existing Pager with a newer version that supports IoC. In the meantime, our approach to the Pager is to support the one we've got, fix bugs in it, and try to incrementally make it easier to use. That's the right path, in my mind.

We've generally moved away from the use of convenience methods for most components except the Reorderer. It seems to me that the best use for these convenience methods is when there is no single set of "good defaults."
So can you elaborate on what sorts of conveniences a user might need when they're invoking a Pager?