engage demo -- what is the correct link?

Jamon Camisso jamonation at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 00:29:46 UTC 2011

On 1/6/2011 3:48 PM, Colin Clark wrote:
> On 2011-01-06, at 3:21 PM, Jess Mitchell wrote:
>> I was contacted by a grant collaborator who told me he had trouble getting to the Engage demo.  I asked for his path because when I go to
>> http://fluidengage.org and click on Engage Demo which takes me to: http://fluidengage.org/engage/home/home.html it works.
>
> That link is the definitive, stable, "try it out" version of Engage, and definitely where people should go to see it and use it.
>
>> Here are two that don't work:
>>
>> 1. from http://build.fluidproject.org/ click on Fluid Engage Mobile http://build.fluidproject.org/engage/home/home.html
>> it throws an error
>>
>> 2. And in the wiki from http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Mobile+Demo links to http://build.fluidproject.org:8095/engage/home/home.html#app/home.html?lang=en
>> also throws an error
>
> These two links point to the same instance of Engage, which is rebuilt daily. We haven't been doing a very good job of keeping Engage current with changes in our server infrastructure and framework, however. I believe the error we're seeing is due to server configuration and is something we can certainly get Jamon to look into. On the other hand, Infusion has been pushing forward at such a rapid pace that I'm not sure recent releases of it even work with Engage. The upcoming jQuery 1.5 release is also likely to cause minor breakage in the Env.js browser compatibility library that we use for Kettle.

Per our ongoing infrastructure discussions, daily builds can be migrated
to the newer Continuum instance given a little work. Amongst other
things, it gives a stable and easily maintained environment and CouchDB
package.

I will take a quick look at the two links that Jess mentioned and see if
there is a way to get them a) running again until they can be migrated
to the new build server, or b) redirected to the stable instance on
fluidproject.org.

Regards, Jamon