Wiki performance

Jamon Camisso jamonation at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 20:47:00 UTC 2011

Hi All,

I hope that the holidays have been restful, certainly well deserved
after the 1.3 release.

Before the release, many people commented about the relatively poor
performance of the wiki. In fact, the Wiki ended up performing worse
after adding more memory.

To remedy the situation, a number of changes have been made to optimize
the memory usage of Confluence. Page load times are considerably faster now.

Unfortunately, this speed up is not realized for the initial connection
to the wiki. There is a support ticket created with Atlassian regarding
the slow initial page load times, with an expected 24 hour turnaround time.

Additionally, the wiki's backend has been successfully migrated from
MySQL to PostgreSQL. With the help of Anastasia and James, pages and
templates that were not rendering properly have been identified and
corrected.

Once Atlassian respond with suggestions to speed up the initial page
load times, the last thing to do is upgrade from 3.3.3 to a current
3.4.6 release. That will be a scheduled outage with plenty of lead time
notifying everyone.

Just a quick update, feel free to send any feedback my way.

Cheers, Jamon