Scenarios for Infusion components "portal"

Jonathan Hung jhung at ocad.ca
Wed Feb 23 20:28:53 UTC 2011

Hi Jess, James, Anastasia, and everyone.

I have been working on some scenarios to help flesh out the information and
interaction requirements for Infusion components. Ultimately this will help
inform the design, structure, and interactions on the new Fluid Infusion
website. For a lack of a better term, I've been calling this the "Component
Portal".

Each user in the scenarios approach the Portal in a different way and with
different goals: some users are on the site for mere minutes, while others
linger and maybe even download a custom build.

The scenarios are not exhaustive and will need a few more iterations to firm
up. One area that needs to be explored more thoroughly is the interaction
between the Portal and the documentation Wiki. Currently they are treated as
separate entities, but I'm not entirely sure if this is what we want (hence
the need for exploration).

Link to the Component Portal scenarios and mindmaps can be found here:
http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Component+Portal+Design+Notes

Jess, James, Anastasia: I think we should meet when I'm back on March 2nd to
sync up and chat about where to go from here.

Take care!

- Jonathan.

---
Jonathan Hung / jhung at ocad.ca <jhung.utoronto at gmail.com>
IDRC - Interaction Designer / Researcher
Tel: (416) 977-6000 x3959
Fax: (416) 977-9844