Proposed architecture for new documentation
hvalles at ocad.ca
Tue Feb 8 19:00:15 UTC 2011
Checkin out your mind maps today. A few things...
1) Simpler, filled out About section - I'm wondering about sticking dev guide/framework overview/concepts in 'about infusion'. I like when 'about' pages are nice and general. An easy place to find out a little more, non-technical, background info.
2) Top level dev guide - thinking dev guide should be on the same level as about, as it'll prob be a heavily used link/main target for many.
3) Keep all the framework stuff together (overview, technical, concepts) - a nice fat framework section starting with an overview & concepts make sense to me.
4) Keep all the component stuff together (overview, technical, demos) - I think if I were looking for component demos, I'd first check the components section vs about.
5) Maybe rename "how do i?" section to Tutorials, or FAQ? And stick in the Dev Guide maybe?
6) split 'concepts' section into more specific concept pages for particular sections... maybe.
-maybe a what is infusion? page (like http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/fluid/Infusion+Framework)
-contributors, history, browser compat, license?
-concepts (like those in concepts mind map)
-code structure (what's this one?)
-dev process (is that like our coding & commit standards?)
-testing (i wonder if this is part of dev process)
-tutorials (i.e the how do i? section)
-overview/concepts (particular to framework)
-overview/concepts (what is a component? component lifecycle)
What do you think?
On 2011-02-02, at 1:28 PM, Cheetham, Anastasia wrote:
> I've updated the architecture to include a Developer Guide section. If you refresh the page, you'll see it:
> Can anyone think of anything else that's missing?
> Anastasia Cheetham Inclusive Design Research Centre
> acheetham at ocad.ca Inclusive Design Institute
> OCAD University
> fluid-work mailing list - fluid-work at fluidproject.org
> To unsubscribe, change settings or access archives,
> see http://fluidproject.org/mailman/listinfo/fluid-work
More information about the fluid-work