Suggestions regarding Image Editor Keyboard Accessibility

Pulkit Goyal pulkit110 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 08:55:33 UTC 2011

Thanks for all the suggestions. :)

For now, I have implemented the keyboard accessibility as it is in the Image
Reorderer. i.e. the arrow keys shift focus between different selection
handles and holding on Ctrl with arrow key begins drag/resize.

On Fri, Aug 12, 2011 at 11:56 PM, James William Yoon <jyoon at ocad.ca> wrote:

You'll want to make your interactions consistent and seamless between the
> regular markup and canvas elements. In particular, if the user is expected
> to tab through the controls outside the canvas element (i.e., tab through
> the crop/resize/tag tabs, and through the options within each), the user
> should be able to tab into and through the controls within the canvas.
> Similarly, if you're allowing the user to arrow through the controls outside
> the canvas element, they should be allowed to arrow through the controls
> within the canvas element too.

I tried having the tab order in the controls inside the canvas but as they
are not different elements and are drawn on the canvas manually, I wasn't
able to find a solution to this. But I would certainly keep this point in
mind and try to have it in the future.

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 11:25 PM, Colin Clark <colinbdclark at gmail.com>
 wrote:

However, I'd encourage us to look at how bounding boxes work in a few
> popular image editors, such as Photoshop, to see if we're on the right
> track. One interesting point is that some editors don't draw a default-sized
> box, instead, the user selects a point and draws out the box the their
> desired size.

We have the functionality of drawing the box of desired size for tagging the
image using image editor.

--
Regards
Pulkit