Documenting the new UI Options "options-munged" API

Cheetham, Anastasia acheetham at ocad.ca
Tue Aug 9 15:31:17 UTC 2011

I spent yesterday working out a way of documenting the new UIO "options-munged" API. The first draft is still missing some sub-pages and much of the actual text is missing, but you see the structure at

    http://wiki.fluidproject.org/display/docs/Full+Page+UI+Options+%28with+Preview%29

I'd really appreciate some feedback on whether or not this way of *organizing* these particular docs makes sense. Since the three version of the component share many of the same subcomponents, what I've done is:

- create a separate page for each "configurable subcomponents" describing only the configurable options (i.e. no "creator function" description, etc).
- the "main" API pages link to these individual pages

Does this make sense? Do you think it's acceptable to have to click through to another page for the details, or would they be better included right in the main pages?

NOTE: Please don't bother with the "fat panel" version of the API docs yet - I haven't finished updating them to this new format.

acheetham at ocad.ca            Inclusive Design Institute
                                        OCAD University