Quick-Start Guide: What would you like to see?

charly molter charly.molter at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 14:41:14 UTC 2011

Hi,
Your 4 ideas are all really good. However I think that the most useful
would be a Quick Start Guide to Creating an Infusion Component. This
could include a short and concise use of IoC and the renderer without
going to deep (as the sprint is really short).
I really think that this is the most necessary thing at the moment.
Moreover we could rely on that one create the 3 others later on.
I mainly think this is the most necessary as "Quick start" if a user
comes to Fluid Infusion the first thing he will be looking for is how
to create a component and how to understand roughly the different
"parts" (meaning IoC or the Renderer).
In the end I'm just suggesting being quite new to the project, maybe I
don't see everything properly

Best regards
Charly

PS: Sorry Anastasia forgot to reply to all...

Fluid Work <fluid-work at fluidproject.org>

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 3:58 PM, Cheetham, Anastasia <acheetham at ocad.ca> wrote:

> This year, Google is organizing a book sprint to go with the Google Summer of Code projects. We'd like to submit proposals for our projects, as well as general Infusion related topics.
>
> The sprints are short (2-3 days), intended to produce "Quick Start" guides. I have some ideas for an Infusion "Quick Start" guide, but I'd love to hear suggestions from others. What do you think would be most useful to have?
>
> My ideas:
>
> Quick Start Guide to Using Infusion Components
> Quick Start Guide to Creating An Infusion Component
> Quick Start Guide to Using The Infusion Renderer
> Quick Start Guide to Using The Infusion Inversion Of Control (IoC) System
>
> --
> Anastasia Cheetham     Inclusive Design Research Centre
> acheetham at ocad.ca            Inclusive Design Institute
>                                        OCAD University

Charly Molter