Update: Infusion Builder UI redesign

Jonathan Hung jhung at ocad.ca
Mon Sep 20 20:12:06 UTC 2010

Hi everyone,

I have been working on updating the Infusion Builder UI and making
improvements based on user feedback. The interaction is essentially the same
but with some changes:

- missing depedencies are now listed for selected components.
- single column list to improve readability and reduce content density.
- improved keyboard accessibility: keyboard navigable list.

Descriptions of components, especially the FSS modules, need to be condensed
a little. By making this into a two-tiered list, we may be able to reduce
the amount of text.

The colour scheme has not been settled upon (I assume we will need to ensure
it is WCAG 2 compliant). This will be my next task.

Please see the attached images. Feedback, questions, and epic poems are
appreciated.

- Jonathan.

---
Jonathan Hung / jhung at ocad.ca <jhung.utoronto at gmail.com>
IDRC - Interaction Designer / Researcher
Fax: (416) 977-9844