Inactive UI components and WCAG 2 compliance

Richards, Jan jrichards at ocad.ca
Tue Oct 12 18:19:50 UTC 2010

Hi Jonathon,

I think it means that the button text must meet the relevant contrast requirement when active (clickable), but is then exempt once it becomes inactive.

My assumption is that they did this on purpose because "graying out" is a very common practice when things are inactive.

Cheers,
Jan

--
(Mr) Jan Richards, M.Sc.